Ask anyone; the Key West is one of the United States best beach locations. It has gorgeous crystalline waters, beautiful white sandy beaches, and of course, plenty to see and do for those road tripping in RV rentals.
If you don’t have the time to visit exotic places like Thailand or Mexico for a beach vacation, the Key West is America’s next best thing. It has plenty of local wildlife, fun places to party, and water tours to enjoy.
Whether you’re visiting with children or you are road tripping on your own, there is plenty of water fun to be had. You wouldn’t want to visit the Key West and miss out on some of the best experiences to be lived in this area of Florida. The following water adventures are just some of the few to be enjoyed in the area.
Check them out:
- Kayaking: What could be a better way to enjoy the clear waters of Key West than to see them up close and personal? Because there is an abundance of places to kayak to in the Key West area, you’ll want to research the one that perks your interest. For example, you can go kayaking to the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, Harry Harris County Park, or Long Key State Park. No matter where you choose to kayak, you can be sure that you won’t be disappointed.
- Snorkeling: Fans of coral reefs will love to visit Key West for a snorkeling experience like no other. While the Great Barrier Reef may be on your bucket list, it’s a bit further away than Key West, where you can find the 3rd largest one in the world. You can enjoy snorkeling in John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, as well, where you are bound to see a plethora of fish species. No matter where you go snorkeling, the waters are alive with marine life and snorkeling this area won’t be a disappointment.
- Mangrove Tours: An exciting experience in Key West are mangrove tours. There is plenty to learn about local ecology and you’ll feel like you’re in another world with the peaceful atmosphere found in the lush mangroves. Whether you kayak through the mangroves or paddleboard, it will be a unique experience that you can’t live just anywhere. The area is rich in a variety of fish species and birds making it a must-visit for animal lovers.
- Paddle Boarding: You can get to know the Key West waters while also having a workout of a lifetime. Paddle boarding is a great way to work out, but you also get to enjoy the views while you’re at it. Some great places to go paddle boarding are Sugar Loaf Key, Higgs Beach, or Simonton Street Beach, just to name a few. Wherever you go, make sure to bring your energy along with you. Paddle boarding is a whole lot of fun, but you’ll be sure to have the workout of a lifetime.
- Catamaran Sailing: While it may be more of a leisurely way to adventure through Key West, going sailing on a catamaran is a great way to enjoy the views without having to expend too much effort. Many of these cruises will take you to see dolphins, go snorkeling if you want to, or simply sail to some of the areas most-treasured places. You can visit a number of the gorgeous parks and observe the local marine life while also being treated to great food and drinks on many of the catamaran tours in the area.
- Scuba Diving: If you love your scuba diving and are constantly looking for new adventures, the Key West is full of fascinating places to visit. From diving ship wrecks (the Vandenberg, for example) to visiting the reef at the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, there are an abundance of places to choose from. Conditions are typically pretty easy to dive in, in the Key West area, so whether you’re just starting out or you have been diving for years, it’s a great idea to give it a go while in Florida.
If you’re looking to escape cool weather and find yourself sipping a cool drink under the warm sun, why not visit Key West, Florida? While it may not be Cancun or some exotic beach near Phuket, it’s a place where you can be sure to have great beach views and a lot of fun. You won’t have to worry about sky-high plane tickets or traveling around the world—beauty awaits in your own back yard.
Florida is a place where you can see RV rentals throughout the year typically driven by northerners looking for a bit of warmth. Why not join the crowd and enjoy some of the best water adventures around? Key West is full of fun just waiting to be had.